If your bedroom seems like a catch all room when you clean the house or if you can’t seem to keep the chaos out, you may need to redecorate your room and add a Feng Shui design to it.
The Feng Shui design will calm the chaos and allow your bedroom to be a place to relax or to be romantic.
When you begin decorating in Feng Shui, keep these special hints in mind.
• If your bedroom has a slanted roof, consider finding another bedroom or to put your bed where the ceiling if flat. The reason why it is so important is because when you sleep under slanted ceilings, you cannot sleep as sound.
If you cannot move your bedroom or your bed, consider placing a canopy bed up in the room. The canopy will give your room balance again and allow you to sleep better.
• If your bedroom has beams that are exposed in the ceiling, you may want to cover them in the bedroom. These beams have a negative affect on the air circulating in your room, which will have a negative affect on your body.
• Rid the bedroom of mirrors when you want the Feng Shui design. Mirrors are a distraction to anyone trying to rest.
• Keep the office desk out of your bedroom. If necessary, set up your desk in the kitchen or dining room but avoid putting work in your bedroom. You won’t be able to clear your mind because you will constantly think about what you are going to do or what you didn’t do that day.
• When watching television, make sure that it is at least eight feet away from where you are laying down.
You want to decorate the bedroom in the color you like the most. If you like blue tones then choose them for your bedroom. The point of Feng Shui is to find the colors and the decor that make you happy inside and out. You want to look around the room and not see a distraction.
When you decide on a color, you will want to place area rugs down in your bedroom to help muffle the noise, make the room warmer and to vividly display the colors you like the best.
The area rugs can be purchased in different materials as well. If you like the shag rugs then add them to each side of your bed and at the foot of your bed. This will create balance in your room.
If you already have wall-to-wall carpeting in your bedroom, which most people do, consider adding the area rugs in the areas you want to accentthe floor. For example, if you have a fireplace in your bedroom, then you will want to place an area rug in front of the area rug.
If you have hard wood flooring you may want to find a large area rug that will cover more flooring so your room will feel warmer and will look brighter.