Most people do not bother about doing up their hands and feet, as they are more bothered about matching their shoes to their bags and about perfectly styled hair. But if your feet and hand are not up to mark, you aren’t so stylish. Nobody is saying you need to visit a spa or salon for fancy manicures and pedicures, today there are Do-It-Yourself or DIY kits available to make the job that much simpler.
Readers tips for RSS Facebook notifications, unwanted Gmail contacts, and DIY LEGO key holders. http://t.co/Pln0yY3Zkc
— Lifehacker (@lifehacker) January 16, 2014
Feet deserve as much attention as your hair and face; after all it is your feet that carry you around everywhere don’t they? So they truly deserve some pampering and the best way to do that is by giving yourself a pedicure and not just any pedicure, but a French Pedicure, which gives the feet a classic makeover.
- Cut your nails straight and smoothen them out with a nail file. The square nail with a rounded edge is perfect for a this pedicure.
- Remove your old varnish with a nail polish remover, and not acetone.
- Soak your feet in a tub of warm water to which you can add bath salts or olive oil. Consider adding Epsom salts to clean and disinfect your feet. Add aromatic oils for soothing and a relaxing if you want a true spa feel.
- Use a foot scrubber or a pumice stone to exfoliate and remove deal cells from the heel. Add a dollop of exfoliating scrub on to the scrubber or pumice stone while doing so.
- Clean and push back the cuticles with a cuticle oil or cream. And if necessary use a cuticle cutter.
- Dry your feet and apply a moisturizing cream. Massage your feet and calves while doing so for a relaxing effect. Do not forget to rub between toes and on the toenails as well.
- Remove all traces of oil or cream before you start applying any nail varnish. Use a toe separator for easy application.
- Apply a sheer pink, natural or peach nail varnish on the entire nail. This is the first step of the pedicure.
- If you have a kit, this will come with nail guides, which can be put on the nail for easy application. Stick it on along the natural nail line for an au natural effect.
- Paint the exposed nail tip with a matt white nail varnish. Do not worry about going over the edge; this can be cleaned at the end by dipping a ear bud in nail polish remover.
- After the nail polish has dried completely, remove the nail guide.
- Seal the nail color with a clear topcoat.
A beautifully adorned hand is a pleasure to look at, but what makes the hand more beautiful is the classic French Manicure.
- Cut and file your nails in a square shape with the edges slightly rounded.
- Remove all old nail varnish before soaking your hands in warm soapy water.
- Push back and cut your cuticles.
- Clean and dry your hands completely before applying some moisturizing hand cream.
- Make sure nails are not oily or creamy before applying nail varnish.
- Apply a natural sheer color all over your nail. A pale pink or peach is perfect for the natural look.
- After the base coat has dried completely, affix the nail guide strips along the tip of the nails following its natural shape.
- Apply the matt white nail color on the nail tips. If any extra nail color gets on the edge of the nail, it can be removed later by dipping a cotton swab in nail polish remover.
- After the nail tips have dried completely, remove the nail guide strips. Follow this by applying a clear topcoat to seal the color.
Your hands and feet are beautiful and elegant. Show off your French pedicure in some pretty sandals and let your hands sparkle with the gleam of your French manicure and diamond rings.