by Babs ‘O’Reilly
(Miami Beach, Florida, USA)
Is your crockpot merely taking up space in the kitchen because you don’t know that many easy crock pot recipes or how you can use the crockpot to make your life easier?
You may be interested to know that there are hundreds of new and old easy crock pot recipes that won’t take up time or waste your money to prepare.
The crockpot of the 70s has re-emerged as one of the handiest tools in your kitchen, if you just know how to use it. You can find easy crockpotrecipes for family meals, dinners for one or two people and for entertaining family and friends during holidays or a simple get-together.
Here are some ways you can use easy crockpot recipes and crockpot features to save time and money and wow your family and friends:
• Use products that you have in your pantry and refrigerator to make up your own easy crockpot recipes. If you have a can of soup and some vegetables, you can throw together a healthy and easy meal to feed your family.
• Don’t spend your time hovered over the stove – layer easy crockpot recipe ingredients in your slow-cooker and let it do the rest.
• Unexpected family or friends drop by and you don’t have any idea of what you’re going to put out for appetizers?.
Try some of the fast and easy crockpot recipes such as slow-cooker crab dip (and other varieties of dips), nachos, party mixes and many more delicious appetizers that will make them think you’ve been planning for days.
• Think outside the saucepan and oven. When you think about dinner, appetizers or even desserts, think about using easy crockpot recipes. There are numerous cookbooks and websites where you can find any recipe that suits your taste.
• Alter easy crockpot recipes to fit your own tastes. Make your life easier and save time by substituting ingredients that you have on hand rather than following the recipe exactly as written.
• Keep food warm in your crockpot. Crockpots are great for keeping food warm until you’re ready to serve it.
Keep in mind that using a crockpot can help you save money as well as simplifying your life. You can buy cheaper cuts of meat and let the crockpot work its magic over time by making it just as tender and juicy as an expensive cut.
Don’t think of your crockpot as a kitchen tool that you only use periodically. Use it often and experiment with lots of easy crockpotrecipes – it’s fun!
Click here to read more about DIY home tips for home cooking