It’s not difficult to create a fantastic front yard landscape design. But, make sure your front yard landscape design is well thought out and unique. This uniqueness will translate into a higher property value and create more curb appeal
Your front yard landscape design sets the stage for any impression people may have about your property. It doesn’t matter whether you want to place your property on the market or just looking for something to do in you spare time, a front yard landscape design project is always a good investment.
Here’s some interesting facts and statistics:
1. Studies reveal the landscaping can increase the value of residential and commercial property from 5% to as much as 20%.
2. Money Magazine reports that landscaping as a home improvement project has a recovery value of 100-200% when it enhances the design of your home. This compares to a kitchen overhead of 75-125% or a bathroom redesign of 80-120%.
3. A Clemson University study found consumers value a landscaped home up to 11.3 % higher than its base price.
4. Clemson University also studied home sales and compared the results based on varying levels of landscape quality. They found that well designed landscaped homes had faster sales because of first impressions.
5. A survey by the Society of Real Estate Appraisers revealed that 95% of the appraisers believed that landscaping adds to the dollar value of residential real estate, while 99% of them said it enhanced the sales appeal of residential real estate.
Based upon the above information, a front yard landscape design project can truly add value. So lets get busy. We don’t want to spend a lot time, but work smart with a goal of getting your front yard noticed. Value is based on opinion. Accenting any borders is probably a good first step. Add the borders and watch how your front yard is immediately transformed. If you have some flower beds adding gravel or stone around the bed enhances the appearance. This helps with the visual transition where the flower bed meets the grass line. It also helps with keeping grass from growing in your flower bed.
What we mentioned above is a good start, but if you have a brown thumb, we want to turn it green. Planting some annuals is always a good way to improve the look of your front yard and build confidence in your ability. Most annuals have vibrant colors and strategically placing them in the right locations will make your front yard landscape design come alive and draw everyone’s attention to it. In order to keep your front yard looking fresh always keep the mulch in good shape and replace it often to prevent it from looking dull and colorless. The finer the mulch, the better. Remember just to place the new mulch over the old mulch, it will break down over time.
Reducing maintenance associated with your front yard landscape design is important. One way to achieve this is to use shrubs, trees, and evergreen plants. Evergreens are easy to maintain only requiring trimming or shaping a few times a year. This approach sets the foundation of any future addition you make to your landscape. In addition to being fantastic all year round, evergreens can adequately divide a property line and offer you a limited amount of privacy.