Ground covers are low-growing plants used to densely cover large ground areas. Although grass is the best-known ground covering, and has the advantage that you can walk on it, it is not suited to all locations.
These coverings are decorative and can prevent erosion and keep away weeds:
- Artemisia (also known as “silver king”) is among the most attractive.
- Lavender is beautiful and adaptive, and it smells nice.
- Roman chamomile, rosemary, and thyme are other herbs that make attractive ground cover.
- Ornamental grasses can be planted in a variety of climates.
- Vines such as honeysuckle and ivy grow in a variety of climates and can also be used as ground cover.
For lots more information about ground covers please click the link.