When it comes to building muscles, protein drinks and shakes are considered to be very effective and are most commonly used. It has been observed that protein shakes and drinks are quite useful components to be included in the diet. You can get many protein powders and drinks in the market but the most reliable, safe and healthy are the homemade protein drinks. Protein is a very important and essential part of our diet, as it is considered to be the building block of the muscles. In this article, we will discuss the recipes and benefits of homemade protein drinks to build muscle. So, let’s get an idea about some of the healthiest homemade drinks.
Homemade Protein Drinks for Muscle Building
Homemade protein shakes and drinks can be considered to be very helpful in reducing weight, body sculpting and muscle building. They also help in the repair, maintenance and growth of the muscles. Having a protein drink or shake after a workout helps in healing of the torn muscles and gives strength to the body. The advantage of having a homemade protein drink is that you can prepare it at home with your favorite fruit and favorite flavor. You can use different flavors and they are less expensive as compared to the protein drinks available in the market. Following are some of the recipes for homemade protein drinks which are considered to be very effective.
Protein Drink #1
- 1/3 cup of pasteurized egg white
- 1/2 cup of pineapples chunks (can be replaced with any other fruit)
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- Coconut extract
- Sugar free sweeteners
- Vanilla syrup (can be replaced with chocolate syrup)
- Take the egg white, pineapple chunks, pineapple juice in a blender and blend it for one minute.
- Now add one packet of sugar free sweetener in the mixture and again blend it for 30 seconds. You can use a natural sweetener (like honey) instead of using an artificial sweetener.
- Now add 2 drops of coconut extract and a small amount of vanilla syrup to the blender and let it blend for 30 second. Your egg protein shake is ready.
Protein Drink #2
- 2 cup milk
- 2 scoop of whey protein
- Take the milk and whey protein in a blender and blend it for approximately 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile, cut the banana and strawberries into small pieces.
- Now add these fruits to the mixture and blend them again for few seconds in low speed so that the pieces get dissolved completely.
- Once the fruits get dissolved completely, pour the drink in a container and keep it in the refrigerator and serve it chilled.
Protein Drink #3
- 2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 banana
- 4 scoop whey protein powder
- Take the skim milk and add peanut butter in the blender and blend it for 15 seconds.
- Then cut the banana into small pieces.
- Now add the chopped banana and whey protein powder in the mixture and again blend it for 30 seconds.
- Check if the banana pieces have dissolved completely. If yes then pour the mixture in a container and keep it in the refrigerator and serve it chilled.
Protein Drink #4
- 2 cup vanilla flavor yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cup strawberries
- 3 to 4 scoops whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Take the skim milk, yogurt and orange juice in a blender and blend them for 15 seconds.
- Meanwhile, chop the strawberries into small pieces.
- Now add these strawberries, honey and whey protein power in the mixture and then again blend it for near;y 30 seconds.
- Keep blending them until you get a smooth drink. Pour them in a container and either serve directly or get it chilled.
These were some of the homemade protein shakes without protein powder. You can easily make them at home. You can also replace the fruits according to your taste and can experiment with some other protein rich food. This is an inexpensive way of building muscles and improving your health.