by Stella Moon
(Andover, Hampshire, UK)
Landscaping a garden is one way of designing the house. It is an enjoyable way of making the exterior part of the house look beautiful. However, problems may arise in maintaining the landscaped garden.
The following are effective solutions that will help maintain a landscapedgarden and provide solutions to problem areas:
1. If the garden is too rocky, the rocks may be used as a design that will create a beautiful rock garden. Putting the excess rocks together to create a slope will add a natural look in the garden. The slope that was formed with the rocks will keep the garden from looking flat and unattractive
2. If the problem is too much sunlight in the garden that causes drought, a solution for is to use plants that are low maintenance and can be planted even in direct sunlight. The plants will survive even when there is less water or too much sunlight.
3. Another maintenance solution if the place has too much sunlight is to plant shade trees at the corners of the garden. This will keep sensitive plants away from direct sunlight and will help keep the soil moist. Regular watering should be continued if needed.
4. Sometimes the garden becomes too shady which causes difficulty in growing certain plants. The solution for this is to choose plants that can survive even in the shade.
5. If there are weeds or unwanted plants growing in the garden, they should be pulled. You must pull the weed and its roots to prevent the weed from growing back. Trimming and cutting the weeds will only give temporary results. It is best to pull everything out to prevent the return of the problem.
These are just common solutions to some problems encountered in maintaining a landscaped garden. To keep the maintenance an easy job, it is recommended that you tend the garden regularly.
This will prevent small problems from getting bigger and more difficult to handle. If the landscaped garden is well maintained, the plants and trees will last a long time and will save money as you will not have to buy new plants or accessories.