by Fred Roundstone
(Angmering, West Sussex, UK)
Landscaping your home is improving the characteristics of the surroundings for aesthetic or practical use. Home landscaping will be easy for you since you know very well what needs to be improved.
The first thing that you need to do is to sketch your home’s floor plan. From there you can create various designs that will suit your taste.
It will be easier to scale your drawings if you will use graph paper to sketch your floor plan.
Once you have finished your sketch, it is time to start designing yourhome. List the supplies that you need before your start.
Do not forget to plan your budget as well. Look for building materials that are needed. You can ask a professional to help you plan the things that you need to accomplish.
Consider the seasons when planning on remodeling your home. A hammock under a shady tree works well during the summer, but what happens during the winter?
Create a landscape that works well all-year round. Also think about other elements of nature like insects and humidity.
If you are looking for a little privacy, be creative in using plants, fences and arrangements.
Save space by adding seating or shelving in unusual places like cabinets under the stairs or large cushions on the floor as extra seats.
Do you like to have guests in your home? Place functional seats in your kitchen, so you can chat with them while you are preparing your meal.
Other things that you need to consider when landscaping are:
• A well-planned backyard drainage system can prevent those “wet areas”
• The composition of the soil and its quality affects the types of greenery that you can plant in your backyard.
• Check which parts of the house and yard have appropriate sunlight. This also determines where you can place furniture and plants.
• Look at your yard from the inside of the house when designing it. You can appreciate the beauty of your yard from inside your home
• Ask yourself: How big is the planting area?
• How long will it take to finish your redesigning project?
• Make the design functional for the whole family. Each part of the house should be designed based on who uses that area the most.
Examples include: study halls and backyard playgrounds for the kids, convenient kitchens for mom or dad, or an entertainment room for the whole family.
Be creative and start landscaping your home now!