Using a little creativity for master bedroom decorating will go a long way to improve the layout and look of your haven away from the stresses and strains of modern life.
- A good thing to do before your start redecorating any room is to de-clutter. Get rid of what you don’t need or want.
- Paint is the most inexpensive way of changing the look of a room. You do not even need to paint the whole room; you could just repaint one particular area, such as the wall behind the bed. Consider putting up a border, or stenciling some designs on to the walls, to give the walls a little more life.
- Do you have scarves, tablecloths, or pillowcases that compliment the color scheme of your bedroom? Use these things to soften the top of a dresser or the edge of your bedside table.
- Adding scent to your room changes the way the room feels. If, you do not have any potpourri, then cut up some orange peel and let it dry. Once dry, mix it with whatever sweet spices you have (such as cinnamon, ginger, or allspice) and then put it in an open bowl in your bedroom. Or diffuse some essential oils – perhaps some aphrodisiacs.
- Get some old baskets and hang them up in nooks and corners of your bedroom. They will add style to the room and provide you with additional storage space.
- A great way to change the look and feel of a bedroom inexpensively is by buying a new lamp or even just a lampshade. Choose a color and style that will compliment the décor of your room.