The following video shows you how to make natural cleaning products to replace synthetic and possibly toxic household cleaners using completely natural cleaning products .
To make the all-purpose cleaning spray, mix 2 parts filtered or distilled water with 1 part white vinegar and about 10 drops of lavender essential oil. (Use distilled or filtered water because the chlorine in tap water will deteriorate essential oils.)
To make the scouring gel, mix 2 parts natural dish soap with 1 part baking soda and several drops essential oil of your choice (optional). Place all ingredients in a squeeze bottle and shake.
Click here to buy essential oils.
Here are other environmentally safe products that you can use for green cleaning:
- Baking soda cleans, deodorizes, softens water, and scours.
- Lemon is effective against most household bacteria.
- Borax cleans, deodorizes, disinfects, softens water, cleans wallpaper, painted walls and floors.
- White vinegar removes grease, mildew, and odors.
- Cornstarch can clean windows, polish furniture, and shampoo carpets and rugs.
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page…
Green Home Cleaning Tips
Cleaning is an activity that has to be done (and regularly too!). Personally, I like to clean for both myself and the planet!. Green cleaning doesn’t …