Living in mobile homes gives you the ability to create a completely unique and personal space as opposed to larger homes divided by walls and into rooms. A mobile home is a great option for those who find it convenient to live in smaller spaces. However, living in mobile homes for long periods calls for a regular process of remodeling, just like a regular household.
While remodeling, you must have an idea about what you wish your mobile home to look like. If you are unsure about it you can take a look around, in magazines and on the Internet, to find something you like, and that suits your style. Take a look around the mobile home, and first check what actually requires repair and remodeling. Make an extensive list so you can have an organized remodeling plan at hand. For instance, the floors may require repair and replacement, while the walls may need to be remodeled. Even windows may require remodeling. Then follow these simple tips go about remodeling your mobile home.
- In the process of remodeling mobile home walls, consider drywall as an option in order to maintain it easily. It can also be easily painted over.
- Mobile home repair material may be available at a regular hardware store, while for some particular material you may have to visit a hardware store specifically for mobile homes.
- Remove the previous drywall paneling, to replace it with new drywall. Attach each piece of drywall with nails that are placed 24 inches apart for sturdiness. You may use trim to hide the intersections of the drywall.
- The walls can now either be painted over, or covered with wallpaper. The variety of available wallpapers is now making waves in the world of interior design. Why not use them to jazz up your mobile home too?
- A tip for choosing the right color for your mobile home is that it should make the space look bright, and spacious. As such, choosing a light color, particularly for the walls is advisable. If you opt for a wallpaper, choose one with smaller prints rather than large prints to achieve the effect of spaciousness.
- One last tip on mobile home walls. Get rid of internal walls to allow free movement and increased space around. If you are comfortable with combined spaces, this is a wonderful way to create a roomy ambiance in your mobile home.
Mobile home ceilings are usually flat, and tend to start rotting over time due to water collection. Repairing and remodeling the ceiling, then becomes a priority. However, this is something that should be done by a professional, rather than oneself, if there is growth of mold and other formations on the roof. Again, applying a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling can do wonders for a mobile home, as is the case with the walls.
Flooring is another important element that contributes to the overall appearance of your mobile home. It, therefore, should not be ignored. While mobile home floor repair and maintenance is essential, aesthetics in this area matter too. You may choose a carpet as a floor covering. However, do remember that carpet requires more maintenance than other types of flooring such as wooden flooring. Install flooring that is easy to maintain, clean and also one that enhances the appearance of the mobile home. Tile flooring should be avoided as an option as while relocating, a tile floor may crack and require replacement yet again.
The final touches include replacing the blinds, fixtures, faucets and hinges, as per the current trends, and all such small things that come together as the finishing touch. These are available in a variety of finishes and designs, and you can choose those that complement the style you have chosen to remodel your mobile home. Replace blinds with curtains, that are available in several colors and patterns that suit your style. The cherry on the icing would be to add small knick-knacks around the house, as you would do while remodeling a regular house to give it a personal touch. You now have a new, improved and completely personalized mobile home.
With these tips and tricks on remodeling mobile homes, you can give yourself a new, improved, unique and completely personalized home. It is not as difficult as it may seem, and in fact will give you a sense of satisfaction that you may seldom have sensed before.