by Alana Day
If you’ve decided that working from home, being your own boss, setting your own hours, working online, and being able to watch your kids grow up is for you, then you need a work at home business model you can be successful with and earn a good income from. Many people who want to work online are having success with building and maintaining lots of niche sites, internet marketing is a great way to earn a comfortable living!.
A niche site is really just a website or blog that has a more narrowed focus. For example, sites on dog training, container gardening, or coaching soccer players are considered niche sites. And the reason to build them is to have a platform to sell affiliate products from. These are digital or physical products that are created and owned by someone else, but you can sell them as an affiliate and earn commission on your sales, typically 50%.
Where do you find these products to sell?
Probably the easiest place to start is with Amazon. They make it easy for affiliates by giving them widgets they can add to their sites that show off products tailored to their specific niche.
Another place to look for products is ClickBank. This is a huge marketplace with a collection of digital products in varied categories so they should have items that fit your site subject.
Similarly, there is PayDotCom or e-junkie which are also markets for digital products.
Branching out, you may want to try the LinkShare network or something similar. Here you’ll find some of the biggest online merchants such as Walmart, AT&T, and Microsoft Store.
The quick steps for building a niche site:
1. Find a niche where people are buying. This is very important or you’ll struggle to make money with your website.
2. Set up your site. Many online marketers find this is easiest and quickest to do with a WordPress blog.
3. Add unique content. It’s not enough to just have articles, you need to have articles that will help you pre-sell the products you’re an affiliate for. These could be product reviews, comparisons of different products in the same line, a quick interview with the product developer, or articles on the problem(s) and the solution, i.e. how the product can be the solution.
4. Make sure you include your affiliate links so when people click on these links and end up buying the product, you will get credit with the sale and get the commission.
5. Do it again & again & again!.
Building niche sites as a work at home business model appeals to people who like to be their own boss and work on their own time. They like the challenge of finding great niches that will earn them a good affiliate income.